Well, we're mostly moved out. Dad and I still have to go back to Stillwater tomorrow to get yet another truck load of crap out of the house. We also have to take a load of trash to the Stillwater dump. And load all the crap out of the 'fridge into coolers. And, ah, fuck, I don't know. We're not done yet. So yeah, I'm taking tomorrow off. ...and missing Kali class. Dammit.
(I just checked my leave balance; it's at 261.17 hours, which means someone hasn't been keeping up with my leave slips; but fuck 'em, i'll take it; yes, that's six-and-a-half weeks for those playing the home game.)
The highlight of the last two days was discovering the storage unit we'd manage to scrounge up wasn't large enough for all our stuff. Had to borrow brother Jay's garage, and now I'm just hoping we don't have a freak hail storm so I don't have to cough up for an insurance deductible.
BTW, just a random factoid (I'd put this in a pull quote if Blogger did pull quotes), it costs $75 for a half a tank of gas in a 26' Uhaul truck.
My hope is that closing takes place tomorrow afternoon. Even early tomorrow evening. Or Tuesday morning. If I'm closing on Wednesday morning, I'm going to be really, really fucking pissed off. In any case, I won't feel like I'm a Tulsan until we close on the Stillwater house.
On the plus side, the fuckers buying the house did sign a contract extension. See, the original contract expired yesterday (saturday), so in order to keep everything on the up and up, we had to do a contract extension. Our realtor had to remind theirs about it, and theirs ended up saying she'd take care of it. Well, the extension she sent over had an end-date of June 1.
The fuck you say. I had Patty change it
On the Tulsa front, provided things in Stillwater happen like they are supposed to, we'll begin moving into the new house Friday afteroon. Of course, I'll have taken off most the electronic gear by then. I mean, the cable dude's gotta have a TV to test the cable shit on, right?
I'm hoping to have a Memorial Day cookout at the end of this ordeal. Burgers, brats? I dunno. What sounds good.
Ride's not over, folks. Keep your hands and feet inside at all times.
3 comments:
I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that all goes well this week and both closings happen on their scheduled days. Just remember you have to send my man back on Sunday. ; ) And watch out, I think mom is trying to steal Kaia.
I would suggest a Carne and Pollo Asada with all the fixins...Isn't that how you people say stuff?
I would like to come, but I already drove 1400 miles one way in the past 6 months and that is not happening again any time soon.
Good luck man. If the buyers fart around anymore....CUT THEM!!
Jay and I have been talking about Cuban burgers for weeks now. A little chorizo in the ground beef, ham, swiss cheese, pickles all pressed down.
Post a Comment