Saturday, May 22, 2010

So, Yeah

I'm apparently now highly allergic to either grass pollen or mold. Both are high in stillwater right now, and whenever I go outside, my nose immediately starts running and my eyes start itching. In fact, it's this bad: I just had to run out to the car after having been in the house for about an hour and a half. I sneezed about four steps out the front door.

Yes, I took an Allegra today. I'm guessing it doesn't really work on me anymore. Anyone tried Zyrtec?

Good times. Allergies suck ass. Also, mold and grass pollen levels are to remain high, and even to venture into the "very high" levels all weekend.

Kick. Ass.

Moving On...
So last Friday evening, our realtor Patty called with bad news. It seemed the buyer's bank had forgotten to put one repair item on the list: storm windows on all 17 windows. Patty talked the FHA assessor down from that particular ledge, but the harpy wouldn't back off entirely, so screens were still required.

Yes, the very thing the fucking buyers had such a thing for, we now had to go ahead and do for them. But here was the thing. Technically, according to the contract, we were only obligated to pay the first $300 in repairs. Having already flew by that, I had no intentions of paying the entire $765 it was going to take to put screens on the house. (For those playing the home game, we were already in for ~ $475 worth of repairs as it was.) I told Patty to tell the buyers we'd go half if they would.

They, of course, refused. I wanted to tell them they could go fuck themselves at that point, that I'd find another buyer, even if that meant losing the house in Tulsa. Hell, I'd just sat there and listened to Steph and my Mom talk about the different ways we could come up with closing for the house in Tulsa if this deal went south. I wanted to play Chicken.

Steph didn't. I don't really blame her; the endgame is that we just want out of this fucking house. Certainly before temperatures heat up and we're onto another gargantuan electric bill. Or the creek floods and ruins the house (we're currently without flood ins.).

So we put the screens on. Yes, it pisses me off. I feel like I'm losing, and you all know how much I enjoy losing. But more than that, it's directly taking money from me. I feel like I'm being robbed. I mean, fuck these people. I didn't ask the sellers of the house in Tulsa to do home improvements for me. Fair repairs, yes. Home improvements? How would that be fair? How would that be right? Some people in this world just have no sense of fairness or accountability. It's always, "What can we get out of them?"

Maybe I'm naive, but I do believe in that one golden rule: do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I may talk tough, but at the end of the day, I can't stomach screwing someone over. Hell, I even have a tough time hitting people in class when we're sparring. I don't get it right all the time, but I try, so when I'm treated in what feels like an unfair fashion, it really pisses me off. And speaking of that, I've got an apology to make to my sister-in-law tomorrow. Gotta love eating crow. Anyway.

So where are we now? Still waiting for a closing date. The screens are on the house, our closing on the house in Tulsa is on Wednesday at 2:00pm.... We still have no closing time, or even date, on this house. The buyers' realtor now says the lender is dragging ass. I don't really care who's doing what, or more to the point, not doing what. Get the fucking closing done before Wednesday at 2:00pm. I've jumped through every damn hoop. I've endured tornadoes two blocks from the fucking house. I've made the home improvements. Now get your shit together, sign the papers and get the hell out of our life.

Oh, and enjoy the $300+ electric bill in July. And the rainy season.

: D

Fuckers.

We start loading the truck at noon. Any help would be appreciated. Course, if you're on the Tulsa side, we'll probably start unloading the truck into the storage unit around noonish.

Storage building?

Ah, yes, the next exciting part of the saga. Since we don't close on the house in Tulsa until Wednesday, we have to find something to do with our stuff. The Uhaul for two days, because it's coming from Stillwater to Tulsa, is like $275. To leave everything in the truck until Wednesday would likely double that cost. On top of that, we would have no help at all unloading the truck on a Wednesday evening.

Instead, we're renting a garage-size storage unit and letting the stuff rest there for a week. The obvious downside to this is that we have to pay a month's rental on the storage unit, and have to rent another Uhaul truck. Of course, since we're not going from town-to-town, we don't have to rent the ginormous truck; we can make multiple trips.

I'm trying to polish a turd of a situation. It's a Class A. Charlie Foxtrot.

But the end result is that we're living in a really nice house in a really nice neighborhood in freaking Tulsa. The finish line is in sight. Hopefully. As long as Team Douchebag Buyer gets its shit in order.

Think happy thoughts for us. I hear that works sometimes.

out.

Addendum: Ooooooooh Yeah
So the day of the tornadoes, after it'd settled and mom, Candice, Kaia and I had returned home to find the house undamaged, I drove the car through some water covering the road. It was a bit deeper than I thought, and though we did not stall out or get stuck in the water, some did get sucked up into the motor.

As a result, the green civic got to make a trip to the car doctor where it was diagnosed with a watery distributor. Because the green civic wasn't feeling swell, we didn't make it drive the quarter mile to the car doctor. No, instead, we called a wrecker and had it towed.

The end result of this was a $151 bill for being stupid. The moral of the story? Never drive your car through water covering the road, even if you think it's shallow. Yay, me! 

4 comments:

cyclefreaks said...

Moving is fun. Yes indeedy.

Unknown said...

Did you look in a moving system like PODS?

http://www.pods.com/tulsa.aspx

I see they are in Tulsa, but it is kind of cool that they drop off, then store, then deliver...

Just a suggestion.

Okjerm said...

I'm available during the week and work 2 blocks away.

BC said...

I'm willing to go out there in about 6 months and give them a termite infestation. Or something they won't find for another 6 months and the damage is already done.

Fuckers, indeed.