Sunday, February 07, 2010

And Knowing is Half the Battle

Holy fuck, I feel dumber having watched GI Joe.

I mean, I knew it was going to suck going into it. It's a Stephen Sommers movie, after all. But holy hell. Dude, at least try to make it plausible.

It's one thing when George Lucas pisses on my childhood memories. It's something else entirely when Stephen Sommers does it.

Bah. You know what? I'm not even going to justify it. I'm just going to go read my copy of GI Joe #21 and call it a wash. They can't take it away from me.

As for you, if you haven't seen it, you have two options. Rent it, get drunk and heckle it, or avoid it entirely. I'm recommending option 2.

Out.

4 comments:

BC said...

"I mean, I knew it was going to suck going into it."

And yet you went. You know better.

Mark said...

Option 1 sounds like fun with a good crowd.

Sanchez said...

Doesn't this post belong on your other movie critic blog???

Lothar said...

Porkchop Sandwiches!