Thursday, May 15, 2008

adult onset a.d.d.

So... part of this is simple sleep deprivation. But... I can't multitask anymore. I can't talk on the phone if the tv is on. I can't talk on the phone if there's anything to distract me. Bird on the fence outside. ooooh, pretty colors.

I just told this to Steph on the phone (after being distracted by the computer monitor), and she thinks I need to be on Ritilin. I think maybe she's right. I can't focus on anything anymore.

So bored all the time. Ugh.

I'm going fucking mad.

(the bored comment was in regard to work, not everything else; so there's not any miscommunication.)

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Sounds like you guys need a weekend to rest. You are just tired, I am sure.

greenGuru said...

Agreed. You need sleep.

Candice said...

Sleep is good. Seriously. Let mom take her for the weekend.

Mark said...

I thought Ritlain did the opposite for adults that it does for kids. I know there are stories of college kids using it to keep wired...

Skept said...

it allegedly doesn't leave you 'wired,' but more able to focus and with a higher state of alertness. Doesn't do the opposite, but it's an off-label prescription for adults, and it's because it takes more for an adult to be considered adhd. more often adults are given adderall.

so suck it.

Unknown said...

I know what you mean. I can't talk on the phone and have anything else going on...sometimes even that doesn't help. Doesn't matter who I'm talking with or about what my mind just wanders.

Wait I got to run there are dogs humping in the back yard and I can't focus on two things at the same time.

Candice said...

Maybe he needs Ritlout?