Monday, May 19, 2008

Gone Soft

Kaia had to go to daycare this morning for the first time. :(

I can't really express how sad that makes me. I ran out of time and couldn't go with Steph to drop her off, which is probably a good thing. When I got her out of bed this morning, she'd just been waking up. She opened her eyes, looked up at me and smiled.

She smiles with her whole face, and there is nothing on Earth that feels better than seeing her do it. Makes me weak in the knees.

When Kaia gets hungry, the world is ending. Kid screams like she's coming apart at the seams, like no one's going to feed her. Can't wait to hear what the daycare people say about that tonight.

Anyway, last night, she decides she's hungry and starts wailing. When she's like this, there's not much you can do to console her, other than give her food. So I pick her up. She's still screaming. I put my forehead on her cheek and just couldn't help but smile. I was smiling because she was so hysterical and still hasn't gotten it through her little head that there's no way she's not getting food.

I was smiling because I know, while I will mess up from time to time, I will never ever not be there for her. It'll be okay, kid. Honest.

At the beginning of this, there were times, I won't lie, where I resented having to hold her every second of my "free" time. I don't really feel that anymore. This parent gig is awesome.

Date Night
So Friday, Steph and I had date night. We drove to Tulsa, left Kaia with Grandma, then went to the Riverwalk and had dinner at Los Cabos.

The wait was an hour and fifteen minutes, so we trekked down the Walk and stopped at the Ale Haus outdoor bar. I had a margarita, Steph had a Coke. And we just sat there and talked. Seems like it's been forever since we've gotten to do that. It was pretty awesome.

Thanks for the date, babe. ; )

Also, the fucking enchiladas were amazing. I'm having withdrawals and it's been four days.

out.

3 comments:

Candice said...

I'm off Wed & Thur this week if you want to bring her here for me to watch ; )

Date night, sounds like exactly what you both needed.

cyclefreaks said...

sniff. Today sucked ass, but date night was nice. :)

xoxo

Carrie said...

Gosh Cory! You give me goosebumps when you talk about your little girl.