Last night, Steph got Kaia up for her 4am feeding. It was more like 4:30. At 7:30, she brought Kaia back into the bedroom and said, "I'm calling in reinforcements. She's been up since 4:30 and shows no signs of wanting to sleep."
Kid thinks early morning is midday, apparently.
Worse still, Steph's sick. She's got some chest congestion, sore throat crud. Yesterday, she was running a fever. What the hell do you do with a preemie when the mom is running a fever?
I'm told the babies, as long as they're on breast milk, have super-enhanced immune systems. As in better than mom's. I can't imagine how that works, but I hope that it's true, and if it is, how awesome is that?
So I'm hoping she doesn't get the chest crud. Her lungs are underdeveloped as it is. I don't know how well they'd take it. :(
The Incredible Shrinking Home
Over the past six months or so, I think the number of furniture pieces in our home has doubled. Cribs and dressers and chairs.
This weekend, the new entertainment stand we ordered arrived. We had to order one with doors because of the baby. It came unassembled, of course, but it only took me about 45 mins. to put it together, which was a nice change (for comparison, the dresser in the nursery took about six hours, the crib, two days).
Then again, it took me another three hours to get everything moved into it. Reassembling an entertainment center is a pain in the ass. Steph asked me why I don't just buy wireless speakers. I wish.
I think maybe the thing isn't rated to hold as much weight as I have on it, however. I think it's sagging in the middle just a bit. I'm going to have to get a foot-long piece of 4x4 to put under the middle, I think. Shore it up. That'll have to be painted "espresso."
We bought a couple of small shelves from Target to put the front speakers on, getting them off the speaker stands (again, so the little one won't pull everything down on her head). I'm going to buy some copper tubing and a pipe bender and run the speaker wires through it, making it look like steam pipes. Should be pretty cool when I get finished. And if it looks good, I may just Steampunk the whole living room.
All this and I'm ready to move, even if it's just across town. Feels like we're out of space already. And then the weather again. It monsooned Sunday night and I was once again worried about the house flooding.
And now I have to go to a lunch meeting. I'll finish that thought later.
12 comments:
Did... did you use an emoticon in your post?
Jack-Ass, he's talking about his daughter getting lung crud. Cut him some slack.
And yes, as long as she's getting breast milk, she was fighting off this mess before I even knew I had it. Chances are, you'll get it but she won't. Unless of course you want some of my breast milk in your cereal?
Been looking at houses, as you know, and the selection is less than exciting. Though I don't really know what our price range is.
I'm just saying, Cory Cheney is a whole lotta writer that doesn't need to resort to emoticons to express how he's feeling in his postings.
Just an fyi...the slidding doors are cool, but will only be a temp fix to prevent the little one from accessing stuff. My twins at 8 months started to open things, and have managed to break 3 cups of fine china...Now at almost a year of age, no closet, door, cabinet, is safe..
Baby locks are the next step, and suck balls..
You must move to Socal...if you can hold out for 1 more year, the prices will be even better than they are now..Plus no more weather worries, and you will have access to every store/service/shop within 15 minutes...Don't make my fly over there and kick your ass...(uh kick Cory's ass, not you Steph :) )
Screw SoCal. DALLAS FTW!!! Actually McKinney, but who's splitting hairs.
I do think LB is right about the baby-locks. Looks like Jerm will never be able to get anything out of your cabinets again...
"Did... did you use an emoticon in your post?"
Funny! And with slack being given, you gotta admit Cory's never been an emoticon-kinda-guy. At least not that I know of... Maybe the two of you text emoticons back and forth to each other all day long. More power to you if you do. I'm just saying I'd expect one of those cool anarchy signs that Cory used to draw back in junior high before I'd expect an emoticon to pop up on the blog.
Feel better Steph.
And Cory, post the anarchy sign. Do it! I know you still got it in ya. ;)
Speaking of old school Cory, little Kaia put her hand under her chin at one point Sunday and looked just like her father napping in Zoology class in H.S.
So what are we calling this second generation? The Void Redux... Photon 2.0... The Junior Loser's Club...? Any other suggestions? That's all I got.
And more importantly does Mrs. Gann know you've spawned?
She does not, actually.
Actually, I believe my mom has informed Gann of the spawning.
I think we should go with Void 2.0. I'd hate to label our kids Losers.
Agreed on the Losers bit. How about the 'Bulldog Gang' (with the mental sound of the Little Rascals theme playing in the background)? Other than that I'd go with Void 2.0.
I gotta mention, did anyone else see that Gygax passed away today? Shame.
And where's the anarchy sign?
Post a Comment