Last night, since we were home and not expecting to head back to OKC until 12:30ish, I went ahead and did the usual Friday night routine; I played Halo 3 until about 3 am. Actually hit the sack at 3:45. Should've known better.
At 6:47 am, the NICU called. I answered the phone on the first ring and managed to sound coherent. I imagine all parents do this. My child might be hurt. I need to be instantly awake.
"Hello?"
"Cory? This is Judy in the NICU."
"Yes."
"There's nothing wrong."
"Okay."
"We've been bottle feeding Kaia all night and she's finished them all, so we're going to go ahead and schedule you guys for rooming in today if that's all right. She can go home tomorrow."
"That is great." (coherent does not mean eloquent)
"So bring everything you need and we'll see you later."
"Okay, thanks."
end of conversation.
Looks like the baby's coming home tomorrow. I've never been so terrified in all my life.
4 comments:
w00t! Fuckin' w00t!
Awesome news Cory!
Oh, that is great news.
I filed this in my "things that would have been good to know before I drove up on Saturday to see you" :)
Very good news. Hope you enjoyed that first drive home. Never before have your driving skills been on such high alert.
Post a Comment