I know you've all been waiting on the edge of your seats for another update. You would've gotten one last night, but I forgot the damn power cord to the laptop and it crapped out on us. Do you understand the kind of torture it is for two internet junkies to be denied their addiction? Agony.
We left Stillwater yesterday in the midst of the snowstorm. I learned something interesting. The new Civic is horrible in the snow. I assumed it would rule because the old Civic kicks ass in the snow and it doesn't rate as well in suspension or traction. Yeah, it was living driving a bar of wet soap across a tile floor. Won't make that mistake again.
Anyway, after we got there, we found out Kaia had already polished off two entire bottles (45cc's) of milk. They still had her on the alternating thing (one bottle, one tube feeding). She took about 30cc out of a bottle when we tried to feed her. Better, but still inconsistent.
Today, however, she chugged the bottle like a pr0 drinker on the Frat House Beer Bong circuit. She ook four full bottles today and all four of them in 10 minutes or less. The nurses like to say, "the lightbulb came on." They're quick to remind us that setbacks can still happen, but you can tell they're excited for us and think she won't have any more problems eating.
She's also been steadily gaining weight. The nurse tonight told us she should be back up to her birthweight by tomorrow. The other night, one of the nurses described babies as little sponges that soak up everything while they're in the womb, and then a couple days later, they've dried out and are their "actual" weight.
She also passed her Carseat test last night, so she's officially approved for travel when the time comes.
All this adds up to good news. She should be coming home soon.
The night before they let her go home, we "room in" with her and take care of her without the benefit of monitors. Basically, they want to make sure mom and dad know the score before they're released on their own to panic in the wild.
Can't wait. Steph has the new pics. Check out her blog.
More Thanks
Don't remember where I left off, but thanks to Philip & Family for the giftcard. We haven't used it yet, but it's coming. Thanks to Jay Creel for the points that let us sleep out the ice storm in OKC instead of having to drive.
Also, Andia, thanks for the call. You'll be happy to know we have a Graco careseat, so we're good.
3 comments:
All I can say is EEEEEE!
That's friggin' cool. Any day now. I think it'll be sweet when you two get to sleep in with her that first night.
Keep the updates coming!
I can't wait to hear how it goes! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment