Monday, January 28, 2008

Sunday Update (on Monday Morning)

Didn't have time for the update today. Sorry, guys.

Here it is late and short. Kaia is doing just as well as she was yesterday. She's still tired all the time and still sort of eating but not really from the bottle, so she's still getting most her food from the tube down her nose/throat. We're sort of stuck in limbo until she gets her strength back and starts eating everything from the bottle. It's going to take as long as it's going to take. She's a tough little bugger though. She'll get it figured out soon and we'll be able to take her home.

The suck part is that we're now back to the driving to and from Stillwater everyday stage. The hotel thing got too expensive (Thanks soooo much for the extra night, Kevin). So until further notice, I'm working half days, then at noon, we're sprinting for OKC. If anyone asks you if we need anything, tell them gas money. I have no words for how angry I am that Stillwater doesn't have an NICU. What would we do if we were a low-income family? Just sit at home for weeks and wait until the hospital called to tell us to come and get her?

It does not feel right to be home without Kaia. Not right at all. I won't lie. She's pretty much all i think about right now.

That's the update. More tomorrow.

7 comments:

Toshya said...

I was actually going to ask whether you all were home or in OKC... I can't imagine how hard it is to go home every night without her but she'll be home soon.

Could you or Steph email me your mailing address?

Candice said...

Gas money it is.

Carrie said...

That sucks! How is Steph doing/feeling?

Unknown said...

Is there a paypal site we could drop some money to?

Anonymous said...

I know you guys don't know us well, but I told Tyler to let Mark know that you guys are more than welcome to crash at our place whenever. We are in S OKC/N Moore and about 20-30 minutes from the hospital. It's a free bed and hot food anytime you need it. Mark has our information.

Kelly

Candice said...

Kelly, thanks so much. You and Tyler are great friends, I don't care what Mark says. ; )

Unknown said...

You sappy douche!!!

LOL just kidding man, I know the feelings you are talking about. Just take it day to day right now, and things will work their way out.