Saturday, January 26, 2008

Saturday Update

First off, she's eating a little better today. She woke up this morning and had 42ccs of formula from a bottle, then 25 the next time. She slowed down toward the end of the day. She's basically tripled/quadrupled what she started out eating two days ago.

Imagine yourself with your stomach stretched as far as it'll go, stage 3 Food Coma, and then imagine eating more than that just three hours later.

All that said, she got "upgraded" to intermediate status today. She doesn't need as much supervision, basically, and they moved her to another part of the NICU. She's no longer "critical," which is nice.

Highlight of the day so far... during her 7:30 feeding, she only ate about 10cc of Mom's milk, but she was awake the entire hour we were there, sitting up on my knee. We just stared at each other for probably 10, 15 minutes. Poor kid has my eyes.

How am I supposed to carry on with the other parts of my life after this?

If you can't already tell, I think I'm going to be one of those parents that talks nonstop about their kid. Can't help it. When she's not around, it feels like I'm doing something wrong. Like I'm forgetting something.

I went to see There Will Be Blood this afternoon and was antsy the entire time. Like I wanted everyone to get out of the way because the faster I got the marathon movie watched, the faster I could get back to my little girl.

That's the update. Out.

5 comments:

Mark said...

I hear that your feelings are symptoms are being a "dad"...

Candice said...

Keep 'em coming! We can't get enough.

Carrie said...

You are such a great father and you have only been one for days. I can't wait for it to happen to us. I have sit here and read these posts to Adam each night and he is even in awe. He says it is weird that he feels so strongly for your family and he doesn't even know you guys.

You guys are in our thoughts daily.

Andia said...

We are so glad that she is doing better. We can't wait to meet her.
You guys need anything let us know.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that she's doing better. Hope to meet her soon.