I have been writing, however. Just nothing I want anyone to see yet. short, short, short.
Started working on the story for what will eventually become the B-movie martial arts flick my instructor and I are writing. Very broad strokes kind of thing. Think an old Clint man-with-no-name western + No Country for Old Men + the fight scenes from The Bourne Identity. I'm trying to give it a brain, however small.
Did I post this already? I had an idea for a schlocky romantic comedy the other day. i was up late, the tv was on, and one of those e-harmony commercials came on. He's on there talking about your perfect match and I thought, What would happen if a couple already engaged saw that commercial and enrolled and didn't get matched up?
I figure opening credits are them doing happy fun stuff. Then they see the commercial. Then they make accounts. Then they find out they're not a match. One of the two of them freaks out and thinks they should go on a couple of dates, just to make sure, you know? The other one doesn't want to. Scared that something bad will happen.
So all of act 2 is them dating other people and freaking out (or not) about what the other one is doing.
Now, act 3 can go one of two ways. I figure it needs to go down like this. Whichever of the two had hesitations about them seeing other people ends up having a really, really good date. And then a couple more. And then they think, well, maybe we should call off the engagement.
Hollywood would say, this is where you have the race through town to get to the church on time so they can go ahead and get happily married. But part of me thinks that maybe there's no coming back together... bittersweet, as it were.
I dunno. That's what I got from the e-harmony commercial. I think that actually works as a movie. Crappy and cliche, sure, but you could make it for $15m with a couple decently big stars (A- list), and make $70m-ish.
People will watching fucking anything these days...
2 comments:
anything without a happy cheesy ending would be welcome.
You could call it "Not so Harmony"
or
Match.com/fail
I like the idea and I think it would be perfect for an Adam Sandler/Seth Green/Steve Corel lead roll with any acress with D sized tits and an affinity to wear little clothing. Once might say it is the perfect lexicon..
Post a Comment