Friday, June 24, 2011

You Know What I Still Don't Understand?

I drive a lot, as it turns out, so I see all kinds of bumper stickers and other car decor. Mostly I think, "i would not stick that shit on my car for any amount of money," but from time to time, there's something amusing.

What I don't get, however...

I'm in traffic, heading north on Harvard toward the intersection of Congestion and Interstate Clusterfuck, when I actually pay attention to the shit on the back window of the big black Dodge truck in front of me.

It says something to the effect of, "In Loving Memory of ... Louie Lipschitts. 1980-2009"

Now, I'm not knocking someone's attempts to keep the memory of their loved ones alive ... usually. But this, this I don't understand. It makes no sense.

What is "in loving memory"? Your truck? Your driving? How is either of those things a monument to the legacy of your loved one? Were they a NASCAR truck racer?

What the fuck, man. Someone explain this to me.

Out.

1 comment:

BELDAR said...

If his lipschitts, what's his asshole do?