Sunday, April 24, 2011

Four Followers Reminiscing about Blogging!

I logged into blogger and low and behold, I have FOUR followers. No doubt you didn't have any further to add to my last post, which was more of a retweet than a post in modern parlance.

Okay, but really, four? Has the mighty blog fallen so far? We used to have a sorta of circle of bloggers, before the days of Facebook, wherein people would actually post something of substance. I feel almost embarrassed that I've half-assed given into Facebook. I don't really care to post there. I have nothing to say, and if perchance I do have something to say, I think it probably deserves more than the brevity Facebook imposes.

I mean, really, "So-and-so has checked into Jode's Chicken Shack." Do I really give a damn? Even if I love you, do I care that you checked into Wal-mart? No sir, I do not.

The other day, I logged into Facebook at work and started to read the latest on my News Feed. After the second roll of my scroll wheel, I realized I wasn't reading anything, I was just scanning for something that caught my eye. When I realized that, I laughed, then closed the tab.

I mean, it's like Facebook vs. The Chive.

No contest.

I didn't start this out to nag about facebook. Honest. I logged in after I watched the latest episode of Game of Thrones. I had that comment to make about Peter Dinklage, which I went ahead and put on Facebook.

...

Yes, I know. And I'm sure the four of you are smiling.

You may carry on sucking it.

The other day, I logged onto here and went through the archives. Can't remember why, but I noted that even just a year, year and a half ago, there were still blog posts of some substance. Now? Now no one has time for something longer. In just a year and a half, our attention spans have atrophied that far?

Balls.

Anyway, I'm going to start blogging again, even if no one's reading it. Quitting the column may have freed up some time, but it did nothing to keep me writing. Baby steps.

Winter is coming, or some shit.

3 comments:

Mark said...

We watched the first episode of Game of Thrones last night. Pretty good, we'll be watching more.

greenGuru said...

Ok first, no Game of Thrones spoilers, please. I need to finish the book first...

Secondly, I've fallen into the same trap of not blogging. I assume that nobody is checking the blogs, so I don't really feel like writing if nobody is reading. (RSS FTW)

Third, I'm like a couple of weeks away from canceling my FB account--it makes me superficially feel like I'm keeping up with everyone without the horrible burden of actually seeing or talking to everyone.

For someone like me with no social skills, that can be addictive. But it's not good for me and I know it.

BELDAR said...

make that 5! I followed, I just didn't "follow".