It's awesome because, well, she doesn't have to sit in the car for two and a half hours every day, which means she's not getting bored and acting out in the back seat of the car. Toddlers should not have to commute 79 miles one way.
What's not awesome is that however stressful that drive was, it was still time I got to spend with her. For the past year and a half, I've had Kaia in the mornings all to myself, and even a little in the evenings. Yes, it sometimes wore me out, but it was still pretty awesome. Now, I'm limited to about 30 minutes in the morning before she and Steph leave, and then two or three hours after I get home from work, depending on when she actually goes to bed. It's a bummer, man. And all that just hit me this morning as I was putting her in the car. : (
It was made worse by the fact that we had a pretty good family weekend. Saturday was kinda challenging from a kid management standpoint, but Sunday, she
Yeah, I know, the blog is all about my kid. Sue me. Once you have a kid, that's what your life is... all about them. So you'd better really want one. In any case, no matter what you have to deal with, it's all worth it. Being a parent is awesome. Forget finishing a big project at work; seeing your kid grow up and become a functioning, quirky little person is all the fulfillment you'll ever need.
Anyway, yeah, so she started her new school today. Steph and I were a little freaked out about it. Up until Friday, Kaia had been in the same daycare since she was 12 weeks old. Those people loved her like we do. Still, after we finally found this place, it seemed like a good fit. In fact, it seemed like a better daycare than the one she'd been at. We did the responsible parent thing, too. We made sure to take her there and let her see the room she'd be in, meet her teacher and that kind of thing. It seems to have helped.
At the new school, the teacher sends out updates via this cool website about Kaia's day. Much better than a daily report sheet. The first one from today was this:
art center
Kaia spent a lot of time at the art center making a picture for you she used chalk, a marker and finished it up as a collage. She had a really good morning she never cried and she participated in all of our activities. When I told them to go pick out a book she was the first one to bring me one so I read her book first and thiat made her happy. She didn't eat any breakfast but did eat a little bit of her lunch. She didn't want to sit on the toilet so I didn't make her but she did watch her two friends sit there. She went right to sleep at nap time. JW
It's pretty awesome to get to sort of check up on her during her day. We always worry that she's too shy and might not interact well with the other kids. Apparently that's not the case. lol. It's just the leaving that sucks.
I'll tell you what is frustrating though. She takes naps at the drop of a hat for her teachers, and with us, it's outright war. Same with Grandma. Frustratin. Kid needs to learn to nap. Then again, it's hypocritical of me to say that.
Anyway. Back later. Or something.

2 comments:
No one knows to even check the blogs anymore. lol
I guess us talking about our kid on our blogs is like making people watch our home movies...
Post a Comment