Okay, so I just got finished watching the latest episode of Penny Arcade TV and it was all about ... Dungeons and Dragons. Which got me thinking... man, I sure would like to play again.
So ... here's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking of actually starting a campaign. We'll play every other Saturday night (so we can play late), real life prohibiting. I reserve the right to reschedule depending on whatever the hell we have going on in real life. Game'll be played at my place (because we have a ton of room now and can spread out a bit. I may check into 4th edition rules (books aren't that expensive on Amazon).
No, I haven't asked the wife yet. She'll probably balk at the idea, and then go straight into making fun of me. That's fine. Nothing I'm not used to.
Anyway, I've actually kinda got a campaign setting in mind, and it's not straight D&D. It's actually sort of the setting of one of my yet-to-be-written novels (though I did write a short story there ... "Night at Sea"). So some of the classes and races would probably be off limits. But hey, if I'm running it, you're playing by my rules anyway.
So ... who's in? I figure I'll ask Jerm, Pryor, Hamby (cmon, dude) and Phil (yeah, he's still around). Maybe Josh and Rick, too, if they wouldn't mind driving to Tulsa every couple of weeks. Could be fun.
Think about it and let me know.
Also, I'm thinking we would actually use miniatures this time around. Helps a lot when it comes to fight scenes.
out.
13 comments:
Wow. Just wow.
And I want to read that short story. Post it somewhere.
Do you have any cheetos? Do you have any Mt. Dew? Will there be girls? If there are girls I want to do them!
Andia wouldn't be able to play on Saturdays.
OMG. My husband really posted that huh.
Candice wants to do girls?
Is this a men only invitation? I'm looking to expand my knowledge & skills.....
Nerd
Friday would be fine by me . . . and we're talking about D & D, Candice.
I know the reference, but it's funnier to perpetuate the belief that Candice wants to do girls.
Friday is not on the table, kids. Saturday or nothing.
What would be approximate start time?
8ish. It's not EVERY saturday. Every other. And that's still subject to real life.
Cheetos+Mt.Dew+D&D= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD9U2CM-Y1E
Post a Comment