Funny thing, though. Now I sort of surf around on iTunes looking for new stuff, but when I find something I want, I go buy it at Amazon. Yes, I still hate iTunes, but I love my iPhone, despite the things it doesn't do.
What it does do, it does really well. It's completely replaced my alarm clock (I removed said clock from my nightstand), my Zune (though I still have that thing in case of ... I'm not sure why I still have it) and many of the reasons I used to drag out the laptop. For example... checking the weather, checking movie times, looking up phone numbers and/or addresses.
I've got it hooked up to my primary Gmail account* and my Google calendar, which is awesome. I use the Google app on my iPhone to make grocery lists (again, awesome). I've used it as a voice recorder and a notepad, and oh yeah, as a phone. It's also pretty handy for chatting (IRC and AOL IM) for example.
I love that thing. And I don't even game on it. It's not that I need to sell you on it, it's just that this thing is so different from any other phone I've ever had before. It does so many handy things (the level, the gps). I mean, hell, when I go to hastings, I don't buy books there. I take pics of their barcodes and this app I have gives me the price of the book on Amazon, where I can then instantly order said book at a lower price with one button press. Steph uses hers to track weight watchers points. I take videos of Kaia with it all the time.
That said, I hate AT&T, and if at the end of my two-year contract Verizon finally offers the iPhone, I'm switching carriers. I imagine I won't be the only one. That "There's a Map for That" campaign Verizon is running? Yeah, I had no idea how much AT&T's 3G coverage sucked ass. I mean, I know we don't get it here (which sorta ruins part of the point of having an iPhone), but I didn't think it was that limited. And all the reasons I hated AT&T in the first place are still here, so... no carrier loyalty.
__________
*in anticipation of our impending move, I started two new gmail accounts: cory.cheney@gmail.com and drost.2o2p@gmail.com. One's for the formal stuff, the other's for gaming and 2o2p related stuff. skepticyst@gmail.com is going to have to be cleaned up for me to use as my primary email, cause it sure gets loaded up with tons of crap.
5 comments:
You are correct sir.
The iPhone is awesome and AT&T sucks balls. I'm not sure if other people on the AT&T network that don't have iPhones experience the same crap as we do, but I know about 3 spots on my drive home that I'd say I have a 90% chance to drop a call. Nevermind that I can be sitting at work talking on the cell and the call quality is horrible. I'll be keeping my eyes open when my contract is up to see who else I can go to...
I dropped AT&T because my apartment was a dead zone. If I wanted to make a phone call I had to go out to my car. I told them several times and nothing was ever done about it.
Bring on the Androids.
Bring on iPhones on other networks.
I still say...Bring on Oktoberfest.
My sis works for Verizon and she is saying next spring/summer they should have it. Here's hoping!
Post a Comment