Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pimping the MiniMini Van


So in the space of a month, our two civics got shelled by hail. I say shelled because it looks like fairy artillery fire cratered their surfaces.

The green one took a far worse beating than the gray one, but the gray one has full coverage insurance, the green does not. Finally got around to calling State Farm. Dude came out to the house, looked the car over for an hour, then wrote me a $1400 check.

Called the Hail repair place (they pay your deductible and provide you a free rental car). They agree to meet me at the house today at 9am to take the car. Or so I thought.

At about 9:25, Chad the hail guy, asks me if I'm still meeting them at the Hertz place to turn over my car. I tell him I had no idea I was bringing my car to the Hertz place and that he'll have to wait. I decide, fuck it, he can wait, and go ahead and take Kaia to daycare.

When I finally get to the Hertz place, I talk to a different guy. He seems more responsible than Chad. Older, anyway. He gives me the lowdown. Meanwhile, the Hertz chick asks me for my credit card... I give her the look. She clues in and tells me I will not be charged, they will.

So then I ask her what I'm going to be driving. She says, "That Mazda 5."

I turn to look and it's ... a goddamn MiniMini Van.

It's cool enough on the inside, but outside... soccer momsville.

Fear the MiniMini Van.

5 comments:

Okjerm said...

Man... you are so far from that Camaro now.

Carrie said...

Adam has always been the sportscar guy but even he is liking the Kia Sorento that I am wanting.

Skept said...

yes, but this has a third row of seats.

cyclefreaks said...

LOL, the minimini van. I think you're onto something. :)

Candice said...

Since Steph told you she had no problem working and letting you be the stay at home mom, maybe the minimini van is training.