It's been eleven days since I had a soda.
Not just a caffeinated soda, but any soda at all. I gave up caffeine back in Sept., and apart from a sip of whatever Steph is drinking here and there, I haven't had any since.
Soda's new, though. Never tried to give up soda before, and I've been drinking it for as long as I can remember. I wonder at what age my mom first let me have a Dr. Pepper?
By that extension, I'm also trying to give up sweets in general. Candy bars, cakes, donuts, whatever, I'm trying not to eat them.
Next on the list is fast food at lunch. I don't ever plan to stop eating out, but I'd rather it be something good and sit down. Fast food for lunch is just me being weak and lazy.
The soda thing ... there's this guy in my clan who after seeing a video of himself at the Lan last year, decided he was changing his eating habits. He's lost 55 pounds. It got me to thinking. I'm at least 25 pounds overweight at this point.
Things have got to change. So unlike the rest of my life, I'm just doing it. Maybe it'll rub off on other stuff.
out.
3 comments:
Congrats, man! It's cool to see people deciding what they want to accomplish and actually *doing* something about it!
11 days? Do you still have cravings, or is that part over?
That is great! I am not totally "off" of caffeine but rarely drink it and haven't had it after all this blood pressure issues.
A few years ago when I was in therapy for panic attacks, she taught me a lot of things about nutrition and how it will help with the anxiety so I cut off sodas and caffeine. We do sweets very seldom and eat out on Fridays for lunch only. I don't lose weight because I like my wine and hate exercise but just think how much longer you will be around by being healthy.
I had bad cravings this afternoon. that's the first time, really. But I didn't cave.
Post a Comment