Monday, December 01, 2008

I'd Feel Bad About Not Posting...

But Boone's further behind than I am.

It's been a busy month, but no one really wants to read a recap of it. Finished the magazine, got the anxiety attacks under control. Steph's getting laid off, but we have a little while before panic sets in. Went to Houston for Thanksgiving (that was a lot of fucking driving; I will never do that shit again. ever. it's a two-day trip from now on). Candice, sorry we missed you. :(

It's just felt like a constant beat down the past month or so. And I even took a week off work.

I did get to see Metallica and Nine Inch Nails in the same week. that was pretty awesome. (thanks, dave)

Anyway, I haven't had much to say, I suppose. That's where I'm going with that. Also, Steph gives you guys the Kaia updates on her blog, so there's no real need to repeat the information. Kid is growing like a weed now and keeps doing new things every day. we were in a sort of holding pattern there for awhile, but now she's crawling, pulling up, laughing, clapping, making new sounds and... actually hugging. I love that kid.

Christmas Has Been Canceled
Christmas sucks this year. Normally, I'd be going out the buying of presents for everyone on my list. This year, I'm wondering whether or not I should say "no gifts." Honestly, we shouldn't be spending the money. But then again, the meager amount I usually spend on presents wouldn't pay but one car payment anyway.

That wouldn't put a damper on things either way, really. The holidays are still my favorite time of year, presents or no presents. I've actually been thinking about maybe having a "friends" xmas dinner at our place on the 26th (but I haven't told steph about that yet, so don't commit.). I know that's driving for you folks, but I live where I live.

Missing
I'm missing some shit. Who has my copy of The Watchmen and The Prestige? I went to read/watch each of them in the last month and have no idea who has what. Actually, if you have any of my movies, let me know. I'm just trying to track shit down.

More later. Promise.

7 comments:

Candice said...

You tard, I told you we would look and see if we had your movie.
I hate that I missed you guys. Me and my big mouth offering to work a Sunday not knowing it would be the one day you guys stopped by here.

Money suckage or not, I can't wait for Christmas morning at your place. Kaia won't care whats going on as long as she gets cool paper and stuff to play with. Seeing her for her first Christmas will be priceless for me.

Carrie said...

Believe it or not, saying "no gifts" is easier then you think. We stopped years ago except for the kids. All of the adults seemed pretty relieved.

And I just commented that she was growing like a weed. LOL

Mark said...

I think I have The Prestige.

cyclefreaks said...

Christmas is not canceled man, it's going to be the best Christmas ever. Our little girl will be all over the damn place, not knowing what is going on but relishing the fact that all eyes are on her and there is crinkly paper all around. We just need to find a place to put Fletcher so he doesn't whine all morning!

As for gifts, we can still do it. And Christmas with friends dinner, I'm all for it. Sounds like fun to me. We'll even cook.

Okjerm said...

I have your copy of Hellboy and Pryor has Deja Vu. I also a Greg Rucka novel and some other paperback you loaned me.

Don't forget dinner the weekend of the 20th, when Kevin is in town. Everything should be settled from the move by then.

Anonymous said...

maybe I will put a bow on the next package sent your way...

Nah, that would be a sappy mangina feeling. Unless I do a black ribbon and put in some dead roses...That would be awesome..

>:S

hwall said...

I lived in Houston for about eight years and we drove back and forth to Tulsa at least twice a year. Sometimes more. For sure it sucks. Going to Dallas this weekend. Isaac's first car trip! We're leaving around bedtime, so hopefully he'll sleep the whole way. We'll see how it goes.