Steph crashed at like 9:55 with Kaia, who was actually sleeping, not screaming.
I had those two and a half hours before I normally go to bed to do whatever I wanted. Normally, I fill that time up with Halo 3. Normally.
I didn't want to play. I started reading a new book (The Lies of Locke Lamora). It's one of those books that's so damn good, I don't want to do anything but read it. It's actually sitting here on my desk at work next to my monitor, taunting me. Not sure why I brought it. I haven't sat at my desk and read for pleasure since my last job (talk about nothing to do...).
But I soooo want to.
Been reading a lot lately. I just finished up the five-volume Dante Valentine series by Lilith Saintcrow. Pretty cool stuff. Sort of future-fantasy. The protagonist is a bit of a psycho, but the books are kinda cool. The setting is like this: what if all the gods were real, and so was the devil. And what if you had to kill the devil? Anyway, interesting stuff.
Next up is Cormac McCarthy's The Road. I'm sorta bummed they're movie-izing it this fall, because I just thought it sounded like a good book. Post-apocalyptic story about a dad and his son trying to cross the country. Kind of thing I think in my head every day.
Is it wrong that I think about the end of modern society all the time? That I mentally make plans of what to do? Stupid cold war.
Metallica Update
So yesterday, they released another new song from Death Magnetic. This one's called "My Apocalypse," and I swear to god, it sounds like "Damage, Inc." Holy hell. I was a little worried the whole album was going to sound like "Cyanide," but then I still haven't heard the studio version of that song. I'll say it. I was worried.
I'm not worried anymore. In fact, I can't fucking wait. And, also, they need to hurry up and put the concert tix on sale.
6 comments:
Have you heard how much tickets are going to be yet?
I'm assuming about $75.
I may have to see if they have those books on CD...They sound kind of cool.
Now if your post-end-of-the-world thoughts are all the time and pull you away from normal everyday functions..Then yeah..You might have an issue.
Now if you start digging under ground tunnels to hide during the Zombie appocalypse, like me, you are ok..
So how the fuck will we get our tickets together when we both have MetClub memberships and they usually only let you get two? We need to think on this.
I'm glad I have Kaia as an excuse to stay home on this one. I mean, I've seen them twice already. I swear it's worse than watching the same movie over and over because it costs so damn much! LOL
I am jealous that you get to go to Duct Tape Arena though. :D
Hey, so on a dark note (but going the other direction in time), have you read Game of Thrones?
I definitely miss being able to mooch books off of you. :-)
Post a Comment