First off, I apologise if that last post offended anyone. I was more incredulous about it than anything, and didn't really think about it further than a sort of generalized disbelief. I've removed it because, well, why would I post something like that? Why, indeed.
So we'll move on to other things, like a message of hate and intolerance.
I hate every other driver on the road. I think they're all stupid motherfuckers. People react so slowly to driving stimuli. What the fuck are they doing? Are they thinking about their shoelaces, or perhaps pondering the gravel in the center of the intersection?
This morning, right after dropping off Kaia at daycare, I stopped at the intersection of Richmond and Washington/177. In front of me was a black Ford (Fusion or new Taurus or something). Coming down the hill from the other direction was a grey older Civic. The model before ours. The light turns green, the Ford just sit there. The civic finally makes the intersection and starts across when the old bag driving the Ford floors it, cuts across in front of the Civic. The Civic has to slam on the brakes, tires screeching.
I watched the whole thing with a mixture of horror, fascination and annoyance.
I'm fucking tired of bad drivers. I'm a good driver. Granted, I'm an impatient driver, but I never do things that put others at risk. I don't run lights. I don't cut people off. But I do get impatient. Very impatient.
Accelerate through the goddamn turn, people, not after it. So many stupid bastards brake before and during a turn, only reaccelerating after they're pointed in the new direction. Idiots.
And as for those people who back out of a parking spot and seemingly forget what in the fuck they were doing... what the fuck is the matter with you? You know what to do after you back out -- go fucking forward and out of the fucking way. Don't sit there blocking the whole goddamn road while mulling your navigational options, answering your phone or picking your goddamn nose. Move, motherfuckers!
Saturday, we went to Wal-mart. Along the way, I get in the properlane to make an upcoming left-hand turn at an intersection, tucking in behind a Mazada SUV (cream colored) that's driving somewhere between five and 10 mph below the fucking speedlimit. Blocking me in so I can't get around Capt. Slowass is an equally slow moving Chevrolet truck.
So I'm annoyed. Because that's what I do in these situations -- I get annoyed, but Steph is with me, so I stay put. Stay calm and follow Capt. Slowass into the left turn lane. We wait on the light. It changes. He sits there for 20, 25 seconds, then goes... aaaaaannnnnd turns into the middle of the fucking two-lane road where he proceeds to cruise for a block and a half before choosing the left lane.
... I am Yosimite Sam.
You know, partly I'm so annoyed because Kaia hasn't been sleeping well, so we haven't been sleeping well. I'm fucking exhausted and when I'm tired, I lose all semblence of patience and tact (not that there's a lot to begin with). But seriously, people can't fucking drive. I'm surprised there aren't more accidents.
And why? Are they dumb?
Steph and I talked about this at lunch, and it involved a discussion about Swing Vote -- Costner's "Bud" is depicted as the "average" american: he's a single dad who's just lost his job. He's an alcoholic. He doesn't believe in anything. He's not educated. He doesn't watch the news or read the papers. He's lazy. He's an ex-con...
That's the average american? Statistically speaking, half the country has a sub-100 IQ, so maybe he is the average american.
Fuck. No wonder this country is heading to hell in a handcart.
Yes, I'm an asshole.
6 comments:
You tell me about the morbid post, and then remove it before I can see it? I hope I didn't miss anything. :)
You're not an asshole. You are impatient and cranky. But a nice guy and a great husband and daddy. That takes you out of the asshole realm.
:P
Oh no, I totally think he's an asshole. ; )
I hate stupid drivers too. That's actually in my top 5 of things that really piss me off. I hate them even more now that my friend was killed by one. That was in her top list of compliants and then one of them fucking killed her.
A S-S H-O L-E! A S-S H-O L-E!
He's the worlds biggest asshole!
A S-S H-O L-E! A S-S H-O L-E!
You are just bitchy because you are tired and it is hot. This too shall pass. ;)
And sneff, I got to see it. I have a google/reader and it keeps everything. Want the link? LOL
Um, that was her, not me.
Her meaning C and not me...
Mark.
THE LAN COMETH!!! ALL WILL BE GOOD!!!
Post a Comment