Sunday, April 27, 2008

random. because.

Couple of weeks ago, I found this live recording of Metallica playing an acoustic set. They covered Garbage ("Only Happy When It Rains"), a funk song, something else and Dire Strait's "Brothers in Arms." Holy hell, I'd forgotten how much I love that song. In fact, I liked it enough to go back and hunt down the original, and then I just spent a freaking hour building a playlist around it.

Brothers In Arms, My Guitar Gently Weeps (uke version), Here With Me- Dido, In Time (from the Punisher), Everloving - moby, Blue Monday - Flunk, Could You Be Loved - Bob Marley, Dissolved Girl - Massive Attack, Dust in the Wind - Gabriel & Dresden... and more!

Sometimes I get so wrapped up in real life, i forget how much I like music.

Tonight I went to see Deception, which is about as good as it looked in the trailer. When i got home, steph needed to pump so I took the munchkin and put her to bed. For the 20 mins or so while steph was doing her thing, I laid there and stared at Kaia. I had two groups of thoughts while laying there; well, three: 1) goddamn, I am tired and should just go to sleep; 2) she is sure cute; and 3) do fucking better.

I'm piss poor at motivating myself for my self's sake, but I'll be goddamned if I'm going to sit here and waste my talents when they can provide the life for my daughter I wish I'd had. No more. Couple more resumes went out last week. Now I just need to get writing. I have two, maybe three screenplays in my head and at least one novel, possibly two, the second of which would be unlike most the other things I write. Proper modern literature.

But back to 1. I am so fucking tired all the time. It is unbelievable how tiring having a baby in the house is. You never get caught up. I forget shit all the time. I can't form complete sentences. I stumble over things I'd normally never stumble over. I lose my train of thought mid ... where was I?

Creativity in the face of exhaustion is ... challenging.

Bloody hell.

I'm going to bed. But first, pomegranate juice.

Prost!

6 comments:

Candice said...

Kaia will have better then we did because you and Steph are her parents silly.

Find a job in Dallas, Steph can work at Cooper part time and we can be one big happy family!

You should have been at the races with us, holy hell that was awesome1

cyclefreaks said...

C, how did he do?

I'm still amazed at how when people said "having a baby changes you" i never thought beyond our "schedule" and how we wouldn't have freedom anymore. It never occurred to me it would change the core of who you are as a person. Wild.

Candice said...

He did great. He made it to the final race but then got hit and went into a wall. I know he blew a tired and has some damage down the side of the car, but we won't know the rest until he takes it apart. He's pretty sore today. Man, Joe can drive. He is hands down the best driver I have ever ridden with.

Anonymous said...

Suck it up girly man...Sleep when you are dead...

LOL..

cyclefreaks said...

lb - don't say those things unless you have to live with him sleep-deprived. Man gets cranky without some Z's!!

Candice said...

No shit, he acts like a woman when he's sleep deprived. : )