
Sorry the updates have been slow this week. We've been neck deep in the baby feeding cycle. I keep going to bed at 4am. I have never been so exhausted in my life.
Kaia has really bad reflux to the point where she can't get any sort of relief from it without stretching and twisting so as to facilitate the esophagus closing manually. Kind of awesome, really, that her body can figure a way to make it happen.
The bad part is that she's pretty much in excruciating pain for an hour and a half after every feeding.
Which is why we moved our 2nd doctor's appointment up two days. It paid off. The Doc prescribed her Xantax(c?). Just .02 ml a shot, but still, relief. You have no idea how much better this'll make Steph and I feel, much less Kaia. On the plus side, we've read up on it and we've been doing the best thing for her in the absence of meds -- holding her.
Steph's mom actually found a bed -- pretty much looks like a baby hammock -- that is made to simulate the motion of being in the mother's womb, which has the nice side effect of reducing the effects of reflux. As it's $225, we're hoping the drugs will work.
On the growin' side, she's up to 5lbs, 10oz., almost a pound from two weeks ago. Hell, she's almost six pounds now, which is awesome. We can kind of tell she's growing, but it's hard to actually "see" it because we're pretty much attached to her 24/7.
We also figured out how to use the baby sling today, and it's pretty awesome. I'd really rather cart her around in that instead of the car seat. She vanishes in it, of course, but it doesn't cut off her air or anything. I think the calmest she's been all day was when we were testing out the sling.
Right.
All I have for now. Gotta go check on the women.
11 comments:
That's the cutest picture of her so far. Frame worthy.
Stupid echo.
I agree with Jerm.
I have to agree as well--that's the best pic of her I've seen yet.
I can't imagine how utterly drained you are at this point. So thanks for keeping up the blog.
I LOVE THAT PICTURE!!!! I need a full size copy for a frame. OMG!
I am so glad she is feeling better. And her new weight makes me so happy.
We will be back in April, I am already counting the days. Can I mail her easter basket since its in March this year?
You can as long as it contains only commercial iconography and none religious.
It's going to be toys, clothes and goodies. I will probably even throw in some candy for you and Steph.
She is SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love the pic. I would love to know what she is thinking in that photo....
Post a Comment