Seven Things You Might Not Know About Me
I don’t think there are, actually.
1. I’ve never met my biological father. Usually, I can’t remember his name. I have had one opportunity to do so, but I abstained. I believe he was at my mom’s 20-yr high school reunion.
2. When I was a little kid, I knew all the words to and could sing The Gambler. I also had a Leo Sayer eight-track, played the hell out of my dad’s Pat Benetar album and liked Air Supply.
3. I never knew what I wanted to be when I grew up, and I became exactly that.
4. I’m afraid of pretty much everything. Conflict, death, success, failure… you name it.
5. I won my school’s engineering fair when I was in 9th grade and got to go to State.
6. Short of sharing my opinions, I’m not really sure that I actually share myself with many people. The two aren’t the same thing.
7. I soooo wish I had a different name. Both of them.
11 comments:
Was the engineering fair that ping-pong ball launcher contest?
You still didn't give me my number 7...
I think that's part of why you are so willing to share your opinions, it's the closest thing you have to sharing pieces of yourself. It's called intimacy issues. :) And no, not the sexual variety!
Nothing new on that list. So far, Jerm wins for most revealing 7.
You've got company with #6. That's something I beat myself up about on a daily basis. If you ever figure it out, let me know
What is wrong with your name? I like your name. I really wanted to name my first boy your first name. Adam is against it because of the whole Feldman/Haim thing but I LOVE it. I think it is interesting about you dad. And I still don't know what I want to be.
You guys are the best at 7 Things.
Wait, was this list supposed to reveal intimate things or just things in general?
Lol, I couldn't wait to get married and change my name. You are at least the lucky bastard out of the two of us. : )
I can totally relate to #1. I didn't meet my biological father (or my other brothers and sisters for that matter) until I was 27. I had a few opportunities before then, but I always passed them up.
I've met both of my biological DNA-donors. If your bio-father is anything like mine, count yourself lucky. You're not missing much.
I am with Carrie - I like your name. I'm kicking it around for the name of this kid if it's a boy (spelled with an 'e'). My husband doesn't like it because he says that is too many R's in the name altogther... but I still like it. Maybe as a middle name...
CONGRATULATIONS!
Yes, congrats on your new arrival. :D Parenthood rocks!!!!
Congratulations, dad! Your little one is absolutely beautiful. I'm sure you're the proudest person on earth right now!
Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment