
Here's my girl. Her name, as has been stated elsewhere, is Kaia (long i sound) Madeline. She came a little early, but she's digesting her food, breathing without additional oxygen and generally squirming all around her square warming den.
Right now, she's got an IV in her foot, leads measuring oxygen consumption, temperature and heart rate, and a tube running down her throat into her belly. It's better than yesterday when they had oxygen tubes pumping air down her nose. They started feeding her milk today and it's all digesting well, which is awesome. She weighs enough to go home already, so as soon as she shows them she can eat on her own, she gets to come home. Not sure how long that'll take.
Already, she's pretty feisty, as would be expected. She tried to crawl last time I went and sat with her. Managed to move herself four inches (they had to move her back down). She also tried to raise her head (had to tell her she was getting ahead of herself).
We get to "mess" with her about every three hours. They call it "touch time." We can go sit and watch her sleep the other times, we just can't mess with her. If she's awake, she's burning too many calories and we're trying to get her to gain some weight. During "touch time," however, they wrap her up like a burrito and we get to hold her.
I really can't put into words how awesome it is when I talk and she opens her dark little eyes and tries to look at me.
Yesterday was crazy. I'll tell you all about it later on. Not enough time right now. We get to go hold her in 13 minutes.
Thanks for all the calls and support.
6 comments:
I can't express how happy I am to see her and hear she's healthy. And I definately can't wait to see her in person.
Oh Cory! I'm so happy for you guys. I was worried when I heard but my nephew came early and he is fine. Anyway Stephanie said she thought Kaia would come early.
Hearing you talk about being a daddy sure does put the tears in my eyes. You guys are going to be great parents.
It only gets better from here... :)
Best wishes to you both on your new journey. (And the Missus wanted to know the particulars of length and weight.)
She is beautiful. She looks to be a healthy size, too, and it's great news about how much energy she has, as well as being able to breathe without the added oxygen. Before you know it, she'll be home with you and keeping you up all night. I know you can't wait!
I just can't tell you how happy I am for you all. She's a wonderful blessing and so sweet.
So now we know, it take producing a human to make Dave come out of hiding.
That's one of the coolest pictures ever. Andia's nephew was 2 months early and could be palmed in your hand. I'm sure Kaia will be home in no time.
She's raring to go... came early, trying to raise her head. She should be a fantastic little handful!!!
When was she born exactly... day, time? Tell Steph I send her my best... can't wait to meet the little one.
Post a Comment