People say there's no such thing as luck, or that you make your own luck. Those must be fortunate people who've not had bad shit happen to them over and over again despite best efforts to the contrary. Floods, early baby/wrong hospita/giant medical bills, wife losing her job...
I have shitty luck. Always have had. I'm like a bad shit magnet. Oh, don't get me wrong, I know it could be worse. There's always "worse" to be had.
At 12:30pm, I met with the hail guy. The car looked fantastic. Looked brand new, really. They even took out the door dings. I was pretty stoked. Plus, it was nice to be back in something cool rather than a minimini van.
I head back to work, stopping at the intersection of Hall of Fame and Washington, right beside the building I work in. I was sitting in the protected left turn lane, with two full lanes of traffic on my right.
My turn arrow lit green, I started forwand and BAM!
WTF.
Then I notice one of these coming to a stop in front of my car:

I got out of the car, walked around to the passenger side and looked at my bumper, still wondering where the fuck the thing had come from.
The guy who was driving, an older gentleman in a nice orange OSU button up shirt, belly hanging over his belt, walked up and said something to me. I said, "I had a green arrow, man. Where'd you come from?"
We got the ... vehicles ... out of the street. We called the cops. The cops came, took the statements. The dude in question worked for OSU's Risk Management department, which is nice and ironic.
So here's what happened. Dude in the CarryAll runs the red light into the lefthand crosswalk. I'm sitting in the turn lane. My light changes, I go. He's hidden from my peripheral vision by the two lanes of cars to my right, and when the light changed and I started my turn, I wasn't looking that way anyway.
Caught his back left wheel with the right front of the Civic. The good civic. Fucked the bumper all up.
Basically, OSU is self-insured, and the guy driving the CarryAll admitted to running the red light, so I was informed that OSU would be taking care of getting my car fixed.
When I called State Farm, they informed me I'd be doing most of this myself, unless of course I wanted to pay my $250 ...
Either way, not my fault and it's getting paid for. Goddamned inconvenient though.
5 comments:
Dude. Sounds like you need to buy a lottery ticket. How else can you explain the odds of getting into an accident with someone from Risk Management??
I think you need to move. Fucking Stillwater is a bad shit happen to you magnet. And if you have a Civic you are doomed.
Candice's answer to everything: move. I'm surprised it didn't say "Move to Texas." :)
Lottery ticket, hmmm...
We need to post a picture. Actually two. The beautiful, perfect side, then the OSU side.
yeah, I'll put a pic up this weekend.
I wasn't a fan of Stillwater. And the dumb bitch that jacked up my civic didn't help things. Thank god for Mark. : )
Quote from Mark, "just because its every answer doesn't mean its the wrong answer."
Post a Comment