Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Fail

So some dude on 2o2p was ranting about how easy Guitar Hero: Metallica was, how he busted through it on expert in an evening, etc., etc. blah, blah, blah. Frankly, I'm unsure how anyone plays these games at the expert level, but that's neither here nor there.

I failed a song in a game on medium today for the first time since Guitar Hero II.

That song ... "Disposable Heroes."

I love that song. I've had a novella planned out for 15 years based on that song. It destroyed me. The first night I played GH:M, I had a tough time getting through "All Nightmare Long," but didn't really think anything of it. That's one of the faster songs on Death Magnetic.

I wasn't thinking how much harder it was going to get. All the old songs are really damn fast and really damn complicated. I scratched through "Master of Puppets" with a 3-star performance and an 88% completion rate. Not bad, but not great either.

I'm kinda happy I failed a song. I wouldn't want their stuff to be easy, plus, who the hell wants a game to be easy?

This year, GH: Metallica. Next year, a real guitar.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Did you watch the video of Lars doing the motion capture for Shortest Straw? He just about had a heart attack trying to drum it out.

I guess that's why you don't see it on the tours these days...