They want me to name my column at the paper. Ten years and now I'm supposed to come up with a name for it?
You guys got any ideas?
I tried making a play off of cynic and cinema, but I haven't figured out the best combination yet, or even if that's the way to go. How about:
movies are dumb
Reviews from the Front
Not that i won't appreciate your jokes, but I'm looking for serious answers, so for every jackass comment you make, you have to come up with two real ideas.
19 comments:
What a retarded idea. Next they'll be wanting a ratings system from you.
apparently you can't read.
Honestly, the best title I could come up with revolves around something like "See, I told you" - as in yeah, Cory said that movie sucked and he was right.
Or what about "Thumbs are dumb"
Either way I don't think you can fully encompass the broad scope of your cynicism or sarcastic wit with a short title
(btw, 2:1)
It's got to be something simple and clever that fully encompasses the general content of your column (Left Field, Soundcheck, Arts Experienced...). Something "Reel" or incorporate the word "reel" for a play on words... Limit it to two words.
Reel Deal. Cheesy, but you know what I mean?
The Reel ... something.
I can come up with something good, mark my words. You just have to give me time. Maybe one day of driving to my new job and back and I'll have it.
LOL
Reel Cynical
Reely?!
I know it violates Holly's rule of 2, but I'm kind of leaning toward: "The Threat is Reel."
credit holly for the reel thing. that said, there's just one problem. movie theatres are all on the verge of converting to digital, in which case there won't be any more reels.
oh details, details. Who cares. No one knows how the movie is shown anyway.
Weekly Reel Rant?
The Reel Rant?
The Reel View?
cinemondium?
cinemania?
Critically Speaking
Fear & Loathing at the Multiplex
It Came from the Multiplex (but only if they'll do a 50's B-movie font.)
The Movie Watcher (like the Dog Wisperer)
The Movie Rant (nice and sweet)
Michael Smith's blog on the Tulsa World website has the title "I See Movies For Free" which is greatness.
How about:
Digitally Desperate
Digital Deviant
Cellulose Cynic (sp?)
I got nuthin, I suck at this stuff.
I'm with Steph in that this might take awhile to percolate. I'll try and check back in the morning. In the meantime I'm liking Lothar's "Reel Cynical". Or maybe something super simple like 'Cynima'.
Duh. Cynimanic! Then get a little cartoon version of yourself as Wakko to go with header/title.
Steph might've come up with the winner tonight...
CineMADically Speaking.
Post a Comment