Tuesday, August 26, 2008

So I Go to Post This Link, And...

I totally forgot what in the fuck I was doing by the time my blog page actually pulled up. I started clicking links and pseudo-surfing, then had a lag-epiphany. "oh, shit, I forgot to post that link."

So the other day, I was reading Tor.com, and I happened upon this blog entry by a sci-fi writer. He talks about what a callous bastard he used to be prior to the arrival of his daughter, and how now he's a crybaby. It's not very often I identify with someone else, but... that's exactly what's happened to me.

Good christ, I have gone soft.

Kaia's still sick. Her ears were clear and no chest congestion, so the doc surmised she just has a viral infection of some kind and we have to ride it out. Said it might be Roseola, which ends with a full-body rash, so that'll be nice. We've been running a fever since Saturday, at this point. She did only wake up once last night, but she kept rolling over onto her face and I'd have to wake up and check on her, turn her head so she wouldn't suffocate. In either case, i think we're about out of the woods, so to speak.

I hope.

One Day As A Lion
So the Wednesday before I left for Chicago, I heard this song on the radio in Pryor's car, and it sounded ... no it was Zach from Rage. And it sort of sounded like it could be Rage.

But it isn't. He's made an EP with some dude from some other band. I'm on this sort of mp3 exchange with the music critic from Urban and he and his friends get free music early all the damn time. I've gotten some cool shit from him.

So I have the EP. Interesting sound. Sort of Rage-ish but without the good bass and guitars. But it's Zach again, so I'm going to give it a shot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what it was.

Carrie said...

Totally sounds cool if it is Zach.