Monday, March 17, 2008

Last Week, Last Night

So last week was brutal. Seems like sleep just wasn't on the menu. Someone told me they hit growth spurts at seven weeks, and though she's allegedly a month behind, she was all kinds of fussy.

It's easier for me to just stay up if she has a 1 or 2 am feeding coming. I tried going to sleep for an hour before and it just wrecks me. Last week, I did both with the combined effect of transmogrifing me into the walking dead. Friday, when I awoke, I was so tired I thought I might throw up.

Thank god my mom showed up Friday to give us an evening off. I passed out at 1am and didn't get back up until closer to 11 the next day. More or less. Steph had to get up in the middle to pump. There's no rest for her. None at all.

Last night, however, was awesome. Steph and Kaia stayed up until my column was finished (Kaia slept, steph stayed up), which was about 1am. Then we all crashed at the same time. Steph did the middle of the night feeding and left me the 7ish. Kaia actually woke up at 7:48.

Got her up, changed her, fed her, changed her again, fed her some more. Then we sort of cuddled up in the nursery chair and ... fell asleep. I heard my alarm go off back in the bedroom an hour later. Kaia never moved. She stayed asleep, curled up in a ball on my chest.

Awesome way to wake up.

addendum: tomorrow, we have to take Kaia to see the heart specialist in OKC to see how her heart murmur is doing. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: