Wednesday, March 12, 2008

alright, Jerm

I didn't go out of my way to make this too difficult. I just listed 15 of my favorite films and went and found quotes for them. If you know them all, try to leave some for the other kids. The rules, for those of you who haven't been to Jerm's blog:

1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly in the comments, and put who correctly identified the film.
5. NO Googling or using IMDb search functions.

  1. “Yes, that's just what the Hebrews thought.”
  2. “I don't know, he ought to. He's seen the same things I've seen, and it's certainly made an impression on me.”
  3. “You said you wanted to be around when I made a mistake, well, this could be it, sweetheart.”
  4. “The natural condition is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster.”
  5. “I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
  6. “Yeah. Well, that sounds like a pretty good deal. But I think I may have a better one. How about, I give you the finger and you give me my phone call.”
  7. “My God. I haven't been fucked like that since grade school.”
  8. “Maybe we could build a fire, sing a couple of songs, huh? Why don't we try that?”
  9. “Oh, I hope that's not a hostage.”
  10. “Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.”
  11. “Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.”
  12. “Think someone could spend half their life in a slam with a horse bit in their mouth and not believe? Think he could start out in some liquor store trash bin with an umbilical cord wrapped around his neck and not believe? Got it all wrong, holy man. I absolutely believe in God... And I absolutely hate the fucker.”
  13. “That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten.”
  14. “I'm telling you this guy is protected from up on high by the Prince of Darkness.”
  15. “When he reached the New World, Cortez burned his ships. As a result his men were well motivated.”

17 comments:

James Goodman said...

“Yeah. Well, that sounds like a pretty good deal. But I think I may have a better one. How about, I give you the finger and you give me my phone call.”

Neo on The Matrix. There's some good stuff on here, but I'll keep it to this one so everyone can play as instructed. :D

Carrie said...

Gosh! I suck at this. I have to tell you that Jerm is awesome at this.

greenGuru said...

#15: The Hunt for Red October

I've seen that movie an embarassingly large number of times.

Mark said...

I know I recognize others, but I just can't place them. Here's what I got so far:

#3 “You said you wanted to be around when I made a mistake, well, this could be it, sweetheart.” - Empire Strikes Back

#6 “Yeah. Well, that sounds like a pretty good deal. But I think I may have a better one. How about, I give you the finger and you give me my phone call.” - The Matrix

#7 “My God. I haven't been fucked like that since grade school.” - Fight Club

#9 “Oh, I hope that's not a hostage.” - Die Hard

#10 “Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.” - V for Vendetta

Mark said...

Oh...

#11 “Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.” - Hot Fuzz

James Goodman said...

ok, I've gotta do one more... #15 is from The Usual Suspects

Mark said...

Oh goddang, James got Matrix before me. Reading FTW!!

Anonymous said...

2. No Country for Old Men. “I don't know, he ought to. He's seen the same things I've seen, and it's certainly made an impression on me."

Woo-hoo! (Insert brief celebration here 'Cause I suck at the rest of these.)

Okjerm said...

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. No Country For Old Men
8. Aliens
12. Pitch Black
13. Pulp Fiction

On a shear guess, because I know it's cemented in your top 5, I'm going to guess 4. is Shakespeare in Love.

Anonymous said...

5. LOTR...bilbo baggins!

Angie said...

I only got #3, Star Wars Ep. 5.

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Skept said...

Yeah, I'm supposed to mark that shit out, but blogger doesn't support strike thrus that I can see.

Okjerm said...

Carrie seems to have figured it out.

Skept said...

goody for her.

James Goodman said...

It's like the italics only with s instead of i

< s > strikeout < / s >

James Goodman said...

oh, and mine's up, if you want to take a stab at it. :D