Sunday, October 28, 2007

Call it the 'Metallica' Factor

It's odd to me to see a band in concert where the lead singer is only singing.

Disturbed is on one of the HD channels right now, which is awesome, but I can't help but notice how silly Dave looks running around on stage with his mic and not having anything else to do. I've always thought Ozzy looked like a silly bastard just standing there making those sounds he calls singing.

anyway, so there's Dave with his piercings, big bald head and his mic and he's ... I dunno what he's doing. I know the guy really sings to go with the band's brand of metal, but ... damn, man, get a guitar for a prop or something. You can't even sort of dance to metal.

For fuck's sake.

8 comments:

Candice said...

Lol, such the critic. Those chicken sounds could be called an instrument.

When does the big metal box set come out? The hubby said you told him about it.

Okjerm said...

Steven Tyler at least dances with the mic stand and then does back flips and cartwheels around the stage.

cyclefreaks said...

He's bald and muscled. He doesn't need to do anything, IMHO.

:D

Candice said...

Ooh, does Steph want to like his biceps!!!

Candice said...

Lick, not like. Damn

Angie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks lead singers need to have something else to do. At least, like Jerm pointed out, SOME of them make an attempt at putting on a show. I remember going to see Bon Jovi as a teen, and Jon ran around on catwalks and flew over the crowd on a cable.

Skept said...

There are many obvious jokes here at Bon Jovi's expense. I'll make none of them at this time.

Carrie said...

Hmm...I never thought of that.

Steven Tyler STILL does flips? lol